Cinnamon Queens from Cackle

JCinNM

Songster
Oct 22, 2020
SE NM (desert)
Does anyone have Cinnamon Queen chickens from Cackle hatchery? They sound amazing and are supposed to do well in hot areas. I live in the far SE corner of New Mexico so heat can be an issue. High egg production. Not broody. Friendly. Dual purpose. What was your experience with this cross-breed.

They're just a sex link. Friendliness is up to the individual chicken however some breeds are more docile. Many breeds do great in the heat, but you want to stay away from extra fluffy ones like orpingtons, cochin, faverolle etc

I’ve read a few horrible things about them. Prone to egg binding, reproductive cancers, short life span of two years. Hoping to hear from someone that has them.

I have 12 Cinnamon Queens from Cackle Hatchery.

The first eggs were laid at 17.0 weeks of age, quite a bit sooner than my heritage breed did. By 24 weeks all 12 were laying for sure and probably sooner.

They were born on 4/29/20 and the egg stats so far are:

MonthEggsAverage Size Grams
Sep11545.8
Oct31351.0
Nov31654.2
Dec33057.1
Jan to date(26 days)26259.7

Average feed consumption is pretty steady since Nov 1st at 4.24 Oz per bird per day which is 3.18 pounds of food a day for the flock. I swear I clean up 5 pounds of poop per day but that can't be true :lau

Here is what you get.
cinnamon-queens-02.jpg

They were very easy to train to use a vertical nipple water station
cinnamon-queens-05.jpg

They can fly within a few days of being born much to my amazement
cinnamon-queens-11.jpg

Better have an old shirt on when they climb all over you...
cinnamon-queens-15.jpg

All lined up at dawn with one going into the nest box.
11-04-20-03.jpg

Over all I'm pleased with them. They might benefit from having a rooster around as most think I'm a big rooster LOL.

JT

Last edited:
I have 12 Cinnamon Queens from Cackle Hatchery.

The first eggs were laid at 17.0 weeks of age, quite a bit sooner than my heritage breed did. By 24 weeks all 12 were laying for sure and probably sooner.

They were born on 4/29/20 and the egg stats so far are:

MonthEggsAverage Size Grams
Sep11545.8
Oct31351.0
Nov31654.2
Dec33057.1
Jan to date(26 days)26259.7

Average feed consumption is pretty steady since Nov 1st at 4.24 Oz per bird per day which is 3.18 pounds of food a day for the flock. I swear I clean up 5 pounds of poop per day but that can't be true :lau

Here is what you get.
View attachment 2504743

They were very easy to train to use a vertical nipple water station
View attachment 2504744

They can fly within a few days of being born much to my amazement
View attachment 2504745

Better have an old shirt on when they climb all over you...
View attachment 2504748

All lined up at dawn with one going into the nest box.
View attachment 2504754

Over all I'm pleased with them. They might benefit from having a rooster around as most think I'm a big rooster LOL.

JT
An awesome report! You make me want Cinnamon Queens!

@jthornton Are you using an app to track your eggs and feed consumption? If so, which one?

Just using a spreadsheet to track the eggs and consumption. I have a triple beam scale I use to weigh model helicopter blades on and use that to weigh the eggs.

JT

Attachments

• 2021 Cinnamon Queens.xlsx.zip
    15 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom