City demanded on my property !!

They showed me no id. But said they were city the city. They had badge on them. I could not see names. But I just didn't know what to do. I wish I had thought more clearly. They took photos and didnt say anything. But it should have been more then clear we pick up our horses poop. Its just they took photos of parts of my yard that had nothing to do with my horses. They even went over to my chickens. They did say I had some nice looking chickens.

They showed me nothing. Just said they had got a neighborhood complaint that we are not picking up our horse manure.

I'd probably put in a call to the city tomorrow to find out who it was they sent and to file a complaint, especially for taking photos. I'd also make it clear that the city is not to send any more "officials" unless they have a warrant or an officer with them.

Why didn't you respond when they left a notice on your door, several times? They most likely felt you were ignoring them, so they came out in investigate.

I agree - call the city and demand to know what's going on.

You have more rights than you realize, and people prey on those who just try to be good citizens and mind their own business. They will answer to those who demand to know what's going on.

I learned this first hand this week after a neighbor called the city to complain about my chickens. My city council rep got involved, and so did the local newspaper and tv station. My rep talked with the neighbor and when she found out how common byc are and what a big mess she caused, she backed down.

They had no right to enter your property, and even if it isn't fenced, they would be guilty of trespassing if they did. Something stinks in your area and it's not you.

Because we thought it was a accident. It didn't say we had to respond. It only said that they got a neighborhood complaint that we were not picking up our manure.
Since we do pick up our horse poop we just figured it was mistake or standard thing they put on doors.
It didn't say they were going to come back , or to call them or anything.

Do we still have horse rustlers today like in the past? It sure sounds fishy to me, like they are cons who are casing your place for a robbery or something...

How can that be legal? I feel very bad for you, and can just imagine how awful it felt.
hugs.gif
I always say, it only takes one person to ruin everything. I hope you find out who called on such a stupid complaint as that!!
somad.gif
smack.gif

I WOULD make SURE to call the city tomorrow and ask them about the guys at your house..AND... what findings they found?

Yea would love to know who it is because they keep doing it. I know it isn't anyone on either side of me because they are horse lovers and horse people. Most peep out here are horse lovers so thats what is strange, will compact city rep tomorrow. But I do know I am not only person on the street they did that too. I spoke with someone else , exact same thing. Neighborhood complaint. They went in her yard as well.

Back
Top Bottom