City Gal tryinjg to learn

chickmomma15

Hatching
6 Years
May 19, 2013
hi ya'll im new here.. we adopted 15 chicks from the country highschool that was giving away. Husband brought them home to me and i was like omgosh, i know nothing of chicks. But now we have had them 2 weeks and when i go out to feed daily they all seem to know my tone and greet me, so cute...

I have several different colors, dont know if i have hens or roasters. is there anyway to tell..

i have 2 little chicks that are yellow. are they good or not, dont see many yellow ones on here..

thanks

Greetings from Kansas, chickenmomma15, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Sounds like you must be doing something right. Good luck and have fun!

Hello and welcome .... so glad you joined BYC

Sounds like you have done a good job getting your chicks to a couple weeks old. For help with gender you might want to post some pictures in the "what breed/gender is this" section. You can find it under the brown Forum tab at the top of the screen then click on "chicken breeds" then "what breed/gender". Also, most generally the yellow chicks will end up with light colored or white feathers. You should be able to see feathers on the wings and teeny tail feathers by now to get an idea of color.

good luck to you with your new babies :)

Back
Top Bottom