City girl to country girl

LongevityKitchn

In the Brooder
May 20, 2015
NW Indiana
Hi!
My husband and I moved from a highrise in downtown Chicago, to a 10 acre property in rural Indiana. Our short-term goals are a garden and laying hens this year. With the help of some neighbors and family farmers, we are off to a good start. We have 38 eggs in the incubator from our neighbor. It's day 15 and I will candle for the first time tonight. That's exciting! Now I have to get the brooder equipment and all ready to go. A local farm is starting our seeds and keeping them healthy for us until it's time to go in the ground on May 31st. We have a HUGE fertile garden bed so, with the help of our farm friends, we should have a better than good first year! I am thrilled with the support on this website and instantly received help regarding candling our eggs. I am excited, thank you!
If anyone is interested in ancestral health and recipes please check out my recipe blog at www.mylongevitykitchen.com

That's one major adjustment from Chicago hi rise to country farm. Bet you felt the stress melting away. So glad you joined the BYC flock
D.gif

Hi there and welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you could join BYC! Sounds like you have some good goals. I'm sure you'll enjoy raising chickens especially! I hope the incubation goes well. Incubating chicken eggs is one of my favorite things to do. If all goes well, you'll have lots of adorable cheepers in a couple more weeks.
smile.png
Do you know what breeds you're incubating?

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have! We'll be happy to help. Good luck with the incubation and your future chicks.

Back
Top Bottom