City girl turned homesteader

Cklass90

Chirping
Mar 16, 2018
So I was born and raised in London England! Yes the big famous city. Now I live in a tiny Town in the middle of nowhere Idaho with less than 2000 people and I don't even live in the town part! There were more than 2000 people in my school back in England! Anyway I moved here 7 years ago and I love it, I don't miss city living at all. I've been thinking about chickens for a long time and finally really started researching a few weeks ago. I got 2 ameraucana and 2 ducklings which I think are buff orpington but who knows? And after I get back from vacation I have 16 more chicks coming! A mixture of Rhode island red and ameraucana. I've had fun building a run and coop and I'm loving this website for all my questions!

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_102438.jpg
    IMG_20180316_102438.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180315_102010.jpg
    IMG_20180315_102010.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 7
Hello and welcome to BYC. I don't blame anyone wanting to get outta London :D

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Oh I did the same thing, kind of...

Born and raised in the big city of S.F., hated all the smog and dumb people. Picked up and moved to Spokane, WA in 2015. Bought an old 100 year old home with huge backyard ( as Californai standards go....:). Grow my own veggies and fruits now and starting this spring will start keeping chickens!

Congratulations on your adventure!

So I was born and raised in London England! Yes the big famous city. Now I live in a tiny Town in the middle of nowhere Idaho with less than 2000 people and I don't even live in the town part! There were more than 2000 people in my school back in England! Anyway I moved here 7 years ago and I love it, I don't miss city living at all. I've been thinking about chickens for a long time and finally really started researching a few weeks ago. I got 2 ameraucana and 2 ducklings which I think are buff orpington but who knows? And after I get back from vacation I have 16 more chicks coming! A mixture of Rhode island red and ameraucana. I've had fun building a run and coop and I'm loving this website for all my questions!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens many of us country folks have known that for years welcome to the country life

Back
Top Bottom