City of Ludington, MI not allowing me to keep my chickens

Shaun, go to the post two down from yours...The one about the MIchigan Right to Farm Act. You missed the boat and we missed you at the meetings. Despite a thousand people asking them not to, they voted Monday afternoon 4:1 to adopt changes to the Generally Accepted Agricultural Management Practices (GAAMPs) that are the underpinnings of the act. Michigan small farmers have now lost their protection against unreasonable municipal ordinances. You can still write to the AG commissioners, your senators and the Governor to voice your opinion but like the rest of us now...you operate at the whim of your community administrators and your neighbors. Everyone goes to court now. Maybe we can claim the declaration of independence covers us as in..."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...

Claim your chickens provided happiness and that you have an inalienable right to retain your flock. Go to the Michigan Small Farm Council to stay up to date on stuff or the Michigan Small Farm Council "facebook"site to stay up to the second.

So there is nothing I can do? I have to get rid of the chickens? Is there any other way I got them for my kids after the hard divorce. They will be devastated.

What does the ordinance state? I cannot find an ordinance against raising chickens in the city of Ludington. Thank you.

I just read about this, it seem to be the whole state. Its called the "Right to Farm Act," applies to beekeeping as well:
Article:
http://www.inquisitr.com/1235774/mi...farewell-to-backyard-chickens-and-beekeepers/

I found this petition but there is only 58 signatures?!?:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/153/626/102/michigan-loses-right-to-farm-act-save-this-right/

I can't even describe how angry I am about this and I don't even live in MI......
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom