City vs CC&R

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
SW WA
I just bought a house in Vancouver, WA and wanted to know how weightily I should take the CC&Rs for my new property. It was written in 1989 and says several restrictions on animals (domestic and livestock) which seem ridiculous and very dated. The City of Vancouver is chicken friendly and I'm wondering if it's safe to start building or if I should take the CC&R into serious consideration. We do not have an HOA. I have a 1/4 lot on a private drive with one neighbor next door and the coop would go on the other side where the back of another house's yard is. I haven't met any neighbors yet and actually haven't even really seen any for the 2 weeks we've been here...

Thoughts?? I was planning on building the Garden Loft coop here http://www.thegardencoop.com/large-chicken-coop-plans.html

If you proceed I would proceed with the possibility of getting fined and having to get rid of all your flock if someone were to complain or enforce those regulations.

But in times like these, why not 🤷‍♀️

**I would try to talk to your neighbors at least and see how they feel about it, since it’s neighbors who usually complain and report. You can always offer some free eggs from time to time as an incentive.

Back
Top Bottom