ckicks just layen around,it that normal?

They are so cute... and I do love how chicks seem to just fall over, their little beaks touching the floor when they sleep. Too much cuteness.
Just wondering, why do you not have any bedding down for the babies?

I was also wondering about water? Do they drink out of the tube feeder thing? Just like hamsters? Is that what that was? I didn't know they could do that. I love watching them drink and put their heads up. We too, love watching them fall over to sleep. Now they are settling down a bit more---ours are 6 days old too. We've been using an old towel for bedding and trading out for the wash. Now it almost has to be done twice a day though. My husband thought it would be easier than the pine shavings although I did buy some. Have fun!

I love using the pine shavings because they smell good : ) I just scoop them out and into a grocery bag each day and replace with new.
I think I have heard that they can and do drink out of the hamster waterer things. I was going to do that this time to save the hassle of shavings in the water...but my husband bought them a new traditional waterer, so thats what Im using. I am curious how well the hamster waterers work.

ok the 1st question of what kinda babys? i have no idea. got them from TS.
2nd question of the water bottle? omg it works great, try it use it. it keeps the water clean. you just have to put there beeks up to the ball to show them and try tapping the ball a little with your finger to get there attion. trust me they are smart they will figure it out. also it is more of a natural instict for them, thay turn there heads up to swallow anyways.

3rd question no litter im kinda having problems working so moneys very tight i used news paper but i was scard of toxic ink. so for now thay have a bare tank.
rant.gif

new picks of them today if some one can Id them please im me.
http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/locksmith520/chick pics2/

I use newspaper all the time and have never had a problem, have been using it since I first started incubating in 2006. It is better than the bare floor.

I've been using an old towel. We just change it out daily and shake it outside and run it through a hot wash. Comes out great and I have two towels that I rotate. Maybe that would work for you. That's a great point about the waterer. I have to keep rinsing ours out because they poop in it.

Back
Top Bottom