Clark Farm, Higganum, CT

Do not buy from Clark farms. I put in an order last year in February and they gave me the runaround about having my chicks. I then looked them up on the Better Business Bureau website and I've never seen a hatchery with complaints Like this. I had to threaten to come up there on one of their open farm days with my local friends and make a big stink before they refunded my money. It's really sad what a place stays open like this and does business. I'm just glad I was somewhat local to be able to force them to refund my money, because if you are not close to them you are screwed.
I'm from Monroe as well. We've probably seen eachother but not even realized it
hmm.png
The 45 some odd minute car ride sucked for us because we had to keep the heat on full blast. We stuck with ours and decided to keep them.

Did you like your chicks from Clark Farm? I just place order to buy 12-week old pullets. I am bit worried after seeing your post. Thank you!
If you can cancel the order, it would be the best option. The people selling the chickens and chicks literally run this out of their garage. Thanks.

I'd like to add my experience with Clark Farm, which is not good. Contacted them in mid October about purchasing 5 12-16 week pullets. Easily arranged and paid for, quick responses. Picked them up around Halloween; was assured they'd been vaccinated for Marek's disease. I am currently watching the 3rd one die a long, slow death from what sure seems to be Marek's. I emailed Clark Farm immediately upon seeing neurological symptoms in the 1st one about a month ago...no reply. The first died quickly (about 24 hours) after the onset of symptoms, while we were still trying to figure out what was going on, and get her to a vet (we consider them pets!). A few days later, the next one started with same symptoms; brought her to our dog/cat vet to be euthanized. Third one is now flopping around, unable to stand, as we make arrangements to have her euthanized. I have made the decision to have the last 2 put down at the same time, rather than watch them go through the same thing. I do NOT recommend having anything to do with Clark Farm. They've obviously had (and still have Marek's on the property), and seem to have no qualms about selling potentially sick chickens at a tidy profit. I'm out $175 for the chickens, quite a bit in vet bills (with more to come), and am utterly heartbroken. Stay away from Clark "Farm" (not my idea of a farm).

This thread is not current but I thought it might be helpful to add a recommendation here for others that stumble upon it. We purchased pullets from The Hatching House in Ct. Nice heritage breeds and all hens- all healthy. We are very happy with them. I also recommend checking out Cluck in Rhode Island. They specialize in urban farming so are a little pricey but highly conscientious about health and welfare of animals.

Back
Top Bottom