Classic Rock!

Pink Floyd baby!
Almost all classic rock I love. What I don't love is listening with the kids and the comments about how in the old days the music was awesome! WHAT OLD DAYS!!!! It was just yesterday.

What you tryin' to do? Tell everyone how OLD we are?!!!
tongue.png

Let's not forget those interesting types like David Bowie!
big_smile.png

Has anyone mentioned Santana?

Quote:
Agreed.. Master of Puppets was a great one.... maybe because Metalica was considered much "harder" than the standard rock...

I'm pretty sure Metallica is considered Heavy Metal by the pop/rock stations, hence they won't get played much at all. I think Black Sabbath pre-dated the moniker (they sort of founded it) so they get a little air time. A very little.

Quote:
Agreed.. Master of Puppets was a great one.... maybe because Metalica was considered much "harder" than the standard rock...

MegaDeth's been around for 27... but I'm not hearing Symphony of Destruction (a personal fav) on Classic. Do here quite a bit of Metallica, but it's mostly on The Eagle... where they've done a Mandatory Metallica hour since we were in HS.

Ya don't have to be "old" to love classic rock. That's almost all DH and I (34 & 30) listen to. Unless that's considered old now
hide.gif

Styx, Foreigner, Def Leppard
love.gif

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Metallica is considered Heavy Metal by the pop/rock stations, hence they won't get played much at all. I think Black Sabbath pre-dated the moniker (they sort of founded it) so they get a little air time. A very little.

Where you at in NE Michigan swampducks?

103.3 out of Tawas used to have a good variety until they became a little more Oldies centered (still play some good songs though).

Guns N'Roses is also considered heavy metal, sometimes KISS is too depending on who you ask.

Quote:
I am half way between Alpena and Oscoda, west of Harrisville.
frow.gif

103 used to be B-Rock till a couple years ago when they became "Hits FM" BLECH!!
sickbyc.gif
Now I have to listen to the Bay out of Alpena. I've heard more Nickelback and Pink and The Fray and all those other youngsters than a chicken could shake a stick at! The Bear is still classic rock but it's too far north for me to pick up. Good thing I still have lots and lots of LPs and a working turntable!!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom