Clean Water? what does it mean?

In my case, I tried nipple waterer and the standard waterer but I didn't work out for me.
So I have a small pond for the waterer.
Then I added fish, shrimps and snails which are specific for cleaning up fish tank.
The cleanup crew (fish, shrimps and snails) will eat algae, chicken poop and mosquito larvae that get into the pond.

I also I added Water Hyacinth and Golden Pothos, submerging it roots inside the pond so it can absorb ammonia. (More aquatic plants, the better)

So now, The water is always clear and I don't need clean it or dump the old water, I just refill the pond.

Oh and I also added some dry lndian Almond Leaves into the pond and Clay bricks.
- Indian almond leaves, these leaves produce Tannins known for their antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Clay Bricks (or other porous material such as lava rock or bio ring) are perfect home for beneficial bacteria to process fish waste and improving water quality.

Here is the pond:

Last edited:
In my case, I tried nipple waterer and the standard waterer but I didn't work out for me.
So I have a small pond for the waterer.
Then I added fish, shrimps and snails which are specific for cleaning up fish tank.
The cleanup crew (fish, shrimps and snails) will eat algae, chicken poop and mosquito larvae that get into the pond.

I also I added Water Hyacinth and Golden Pothos, submerging it roots inside the pond so it can absorb ammonia. (More aquatic plants, the better)

So now, The water is always clear and I don't need clean it or dump the old water, I just refill the pond.

Oh and I also added some dry lndian Almond Leaves into the pond and Clay bricks.
- Indian almond leaves, these leaves produce Tannins known for their antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Clay Bricks (or other porous material such as lava rock or bio ring) are perfect home for beneficial bacteria to process fish waste and improving water quality.

Here is the pond:
I think it'd be cool to have a setup like that. I doubt the fish would last long with my flock because I have ducks.

I just have whatever buckets I've had on hand and if one breaks I get a substitute for it until we get a new one. There's currently two plastic bowls that are like a gallon each and a rubber one (also about a gallon of water can go in it) which I really like cause it works great in the winter I've had it for the past few years and it's not gotten broken no matter much it stomp on it to the ice out.
I broke one of the red ones this year trying to break ice and i only had them for about a year now.
I have a big tub that can hold I don't know how many gallons but it's hasn't broken either yet it like plastic but a very heavy duty plastic. And I use a feed scooper as a waterer to and with my ducks nothing stays clean for long ecspecially in the warm months.

Interesting.

I brought a pail of clean, lukewarm water out. This time, I broke the ice on yesterday's pail then left it to see which they liked better.

So far, all four have taken drinks from the ice water; none from the warmer water.

They are both visually clean.

The pails aren't identical - one is a little taller than the other. So next time I have time to watch after a cold night (it was 22F or -5.5C when I came out) I'll see what happens if the shorter one has the warm water.

Back
Top Bottom