Clean Waterer solution?

I was worried about that as well. I actually bought a ton of sand just in case the pea gravel didn’t work out. The setup would work with either with minor modifications. So far I have not had any problems. What kind of duck did you have?
It was my crested pekin and my heavier welsh harlequin that had foot issues. My other 4, a lighter bodied welsh harlequin, a slim cayuga, and 2 khakis didn't have problems. When I switched to grass (and also removed other hard things from the environment) the foot issues went away.

I'm happy to hear you aren't having problems!

It was my crested pekin and my heavier welsh harlequin that had foot issues. My other 4, a lighter bodied welsh harlequin, a slim cayuga, and 2 khakis didn't have problems. When I switched to grass (and also removed other hard things from the environment) the foot issues went away.

I'm happy to hear you aren't having problems!
I’ve always wanted to try raising Welsh Harlequins but I cant get past how hilariously adorable Indian Runners are😀

Have you tried that enzyme water protector by manna pro?
So I bought a small bottle and have used it for several days. So far, I think it’s helpful. Water still has an odor, but it’s a different smell I can’t place. Not the sometimes fishy smell it can get one day to the next! Also the chooks didn’t seem to drink as much … might be something with the water protector or maybe because for a few days it wasn’t quite as hot as it’s been. I’m going to consider continuing to use it, but I’ll need to see about cost and larger quantities. The water protector actually says it contains yeast. Someone mentioned Kombucha- wondering if this would have the same effect?

Back
Top Bottom