Cleanest option....

I've found the only thing that works is something they can get their heads into, but not their bodies or feet.

1663008022591.png

1663008061924.png

1663008219251.png

1663008536828.png

Do you have any older chickens? 100% cleanest way to feed fermented feed (which won't work in a gravity feeder like the top feeder shown above btw) is to let the hens in to do clean up after the chicks have eaten. :) I can guarantee they'll pick out every tiny crumb that the chicks have stomped into the ground.

Do you have any older chickens? 100% cleanest way to feed fermented feed (which won't work in a gravity feeder like the top feeder shown above btw) is to let the hens in to do clean up after the chicks have eaten. :) I can guarantee they'll pick out every tiny crumb that the chicks have stomped into the ground.
(Explanation.... I only included the top picture to show the dish elevated off the ground. It would be OK for single feedings in the dish only - just don't use the hopper part. I couldn't locate a pic of a covered suspended dish with head holes, though that would be ideal.)

(Explanation.... I only included the top picture to show the dish elevated off the ground. It would be OK for single feedings in the dish only - just don't use the hopper part. I couldn't locate a pic of a covered suspended dish with head holes, though that would be ideal.)
Got it! - and yes it'd be fine without the top part.

Back
Top Bottom