Cleaning styrofoam incubators

JAPJRGIRL21

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 1, 2010
Suggestions welcome for cleaning assistance of the styrofoam incubators. I have previously been using Dawn dish detergent to clean it, but while it appears clean, it doesn't smell clean when it gets all heated up. Can I use bleach? Can I use anything else? Thanks!

It also helps to let it sit outside in the sunshine and fresh air. Just be sure to put it somewhere it can't blow around and get damaged or even blow away.

Thanks! I too use the hose outside and then let it sit outside in the sun until completely dry. It just keeps having that smell. Hopefully now that will be gone!
smile.png

It also helps to let it sit outside in the sunshine and fresh air. Just be sure to put it somewhere it can't blow around and get damaged or even blow away.

And also somewhere the chickens can't get to it. I left a styrofoam LG bottom on the back deck to dry and it got EATEN!
smile.png

Lisa​

I had an lg once that had 3 eggs explode in it , it was really bad so i decided to realy clean it up with Gasoline ,, Oh well
at least I saved the element and theromostat . On the farm we have cleaned almost everything with gas , just forgot for a moment what it does to styrofoam .

I hate cleaning the styro baters. I just dont feel like they ever get totally clean. I have a Genesis that I incubate in, but I transfer the eggs to my Brinsea Eco 20 to hatch it. Cleans up so easy!!!!!

I usually just use some mr. clean all purpose cleaner. I fill up the incubator with a mix of water and a couple glugs of mr. clean and then scrub it a little bit with a sponge. This gets ride of them smell and cleans it up great! Just an alternative to bleach and still sanatizes and cleans it up.

Back
Top Bottom