Cleaning the bator

tink69

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
NorthCentral Iowa
I ran the bottom part of the styro bator through the dishwasher and it worked great. Now I know I read it somewhere but cant find it now can you also put the plastic water tray that comes with the hovabators in the dishwasher also? I wish there was an easy way to pull the electrical components out of the top part so it could go in also!!! Thanks Tink

I don't have an answer for you but somebody will probably chip in their two cents worth soon...looks like traffic might have been slow today. Patience....
smile.png

Ed

Well, if you insist...
I just wash the thing in soapy water in the sink or bucket, and rinse with bleach water. You don't need to get elaborate with the cleaning, nor does it require laboratory sterile; clean is clean.

If it were me, I'd avoid putting any parts of my incubator in the dishwasher altogether. Too much is at stake to allow some inconsiderate machine to have a go at my precious incubators.

But, that's just me.

I agree with DAVAROO. Dishwashers are great. Love mine but I wouldn't risk the wear and tear on the bator. I rinse mine in hot water, spray it with bleach cleaner, rinsed again really well and dried in sun! Very clean ready to go and minimal bleach smell.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom