Cleaning the Coop (Mice & Traps)

Snap Traps have two draw backs. Chickens can get stuck in one. And I have ants that eat all the p-nut butter.
Mine are kept where chickens can't go, coop only takes up half the shed.
I use a bit of scratch grain as bait, with one sunflower seed crammed into trigger.
Much 'cleaner' than messing with PB, and that one stuck seed can't be licked off.

Quoted from link: Another problem that many people do not account for is that mice are capable of jumping from the ground onto other surfaces. According to most professionals, mice are able to jump vertically about 13 inches onto tables, shelves or countertops. This gives them access to areas that you may have thought were out of reach.

https://pestkilled.com/can-mice-climb-walls/

I bought my Glue traps at the .99 cents only store in Arizona. (Maricopa County) They come two in a package. I just like the simplicity of using them, and they are safe to everything but the Mouse! Dollar Tree has them too. But I think they are only one in a package. I still have an ample supply of them, and they don't ever seem to lose their "Stickyness"! I also catch many possibly poisonous spiders this way as an added benefit. Any size box will do. Just cut a "Mouse size hole" in one end, and place along the wall.
I am just making suggestions that work for me. If something different works well for you, keep on using whatever you are having positive results with.
@Larry Rose
I bought a bunch of glue traps at 2 for $1.00.

Where did you find them @ for that price?

Does it kill the mouse?

:goodpost:

Is this a leading question that you already know the answer to and are only asking in order to have a good conversation? :thumbsup

The mouse dies eventually......

This is most of what causes such a great divide between people who like glue traps and those that don't. The glue doesn't do anything other than keep the critter in place. Does it die of dehydration? Maybe. Does it die from ripping out fur and blood loss? Maybe. Does it die from "exposure" to low (or high) temps that it cannot overcome due to not being able to scurry home to a warm nest or cooler shade? Maybe. Do they catch anything that touches them? Usually.

No judgment from me though. Whatever works works.

Yes, it dies eventually. In usually less than a day. Mice carry diseases, such a the Haunta Virus that can kill Humans, and it has in many area's of the U.S. This is only one reason I prefer not to touch them. To me, and yes it's my personal feelings, Mice are food for Coyotes and other animals such as Owls etc. They mean nothing to me. Sorry, but that's the way I am. I won't Judge you if you don't Judge me. I believe disease carrying Vermin must be gotten rid of in any fashion that I desire. I don't poke them with a stick or be cruel to them. I just want them gone asap in whatever fashion works the easiest and safest for me. They are more than a pest. I view them, and several other animals as disease carrying critters and must be gotten rid of. We kill bedbugs, right? Where do we draw the line? I had Lyme disease, and my view of certain things has changed. Almost like "Kill or be killed"..

I have had lots of mice jump into five gallon buckets that’s a pretty good jump but they can’t seem to jump back out. Must be the slick bottom of the bucket. Mice can effortlessly run straight up a sheet of plywood I see it all the time, if I’m quick enough I wack them with my flashlight.

my dad used glue traps... if the mice are lucky they suffocate by getting glue on their face. he used to drown them and take pliers to rip the body off in pieces ... so he could reuse the glue trap... until one got stuck on a show dog.. was a pain getting it off the dog without cutting it out.

Back
Top Bottom