1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cleaning the incubator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conquest780, Dec 22, 2013.

1. conquest780

conquest780 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    Ok . So the last time my incubator incubated eggs was an year ago. Know those chicks have grown up and I still have a lot of space so I thought why not once more. So when I looked at the incubator ( I cleaned it and left it there for a year ) it was very dusty. So how do I clean my brinsea mini advance.

Help Quick. The eggs I have ordered will be here by tomorrow.

2. silkiechick1994

silkiechick1994 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Paris TN
    I would use a very lightly wet rag and just try to scrub it all down as best you can. I always soak my trays in a little bleach water or antibacterial soapy water for half an hour before starting the bator up. Don't want those babies getting exposed to any more germs then need be. Good luck and I hope they all hatch!!

3. conquest780

Mar 5, 2013
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply. :D:D:D

4. silkiechick1994

Jun 25, 2013
    Paris TN
    Not a problem. I'm usually stalking around the forum at odd times haha I live on this site practically.

5. silkiechick1994

Jun 25, 2013
    Paris TN
    Just out of curiosity what kind of chicks were you hoping to hatch?

6. conquest780

Mar 5, 2013
    Well I am hatching mixed breeds. Some bantams,polish,buff cochin and 2 pheasant eggs.

7. silkiechick1994

Jun 25, 2013
    Paris TN
    That's awesome. I've never had a polish that lived long enough to be friends with. Just had bad luck with them I guess. Are pheasants hard to work with after they hatch? I wanted to get some last year but was afraid they would just stay wild and run off.

8. conquest780

Mar 5, 2013
    Yes pheasants are. :) And I just ordered the polish eggs . I have never had experience with them before aswell.

Just out of curiosity, how do polish and silkies see.

9. silkiechick1994

Jun 25, 2013
    Paris TN
    I thought as much. I sure hope your experience with polish are better than mine were haha. As for how they see well.. Not very well. If they have a big poof ball on their head I usually have to give them a hair ( or feather) cut! But I only give it to the ones I'm not breeding so they can see a predator coming. My breeders are kept inside a shed with a protected run so no need of a hair cut lol.

10. conquest780

Mar 5, 2013
    We'll the delivery got canceled so now I am incubating black cochin bantam eggs my favourites.

Polish sometime later. Maybe next year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by