cleaning

chicken1328

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Need some advise
How often should I clean out my coop I currently do this every weekend with jeyes fluid

It really depends on how many chickens you have, how big your coop is, and how much time they spend in it. I have a thick layer of dirt and straw on the bottom of my coop to absorb the droppings and I don't have to clean it very often. My girls also have a big yard that they spend most of the day in so a lot of their droppings are directly fertilizing my backyard fruit trees. What is your setup like?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Like MotherofChkns said, how often you clean depends on your situation.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

It depends on how clean you want your coop to be. If you want it spotless every day then spot clean it everyday and deep clean once every two weeks. But it's recommend to clean one a week and clean everything twice a year.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

As stated above, there is no set rule for this. Just keep it as clean as possible. Cleanliness is the key to good health in chickens. I do a light cleaning every day or every time I go up to see the chickens. You don't want them standing around in their own waste or breathing in all the ammonia it produces.

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The other members have stated very well that there is not a set rule for how often to clean your coop for now I'll just say, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom