Cleanliness

Yes, South Carolina.

Just did a lot of reading for ventilation, man the coop they are in now sucks!!! There is none St all up high toilet air out! Which is why the ammonia smell is so bad. I've got some work ahead of me to get the current one setup properly while we start building the new one in about a month.

I'll share pics of the current one tomorr.
Clover! you're not far from me (I'm about 12 miles south of Chester)!

We're a violent bunch...lol. I'm a little bit surprised how many people on here share the fire bug...I thought most would feel it's extreme.
hu.gif

Now I DID say burn it down...when I was thinking these were Gysot's birds being brought onto this new property and into this chicken coop. BUT these are the birds that "have" been at this farm all along and they've already been exposed. With scraping, TLC and some adjustments...they can "probably" still use this building??? It's not like they haven't been exposed to it already, right?

IF these were birds that had never touched the property...then my thoughts on burning the coop too the ground still stand.

@FlyWheel That's true, I wasn't thinking of the smoke. It's just that I feel uncomfortable using gasoline, it's so quick. I live in the sticks so no one's going to have issues with either here. My closest neighbor's 1.5 miles away. Everyone else is 3+ miles away.
yesss.gif

Last edited:
Well once I can get the new one built I do plan on calling the local FD to help do a controlled burn.

For now I just want to keep my birds alive and as healthy as I can.

That looks great!
Are you going to put down some new bedding?
If it stink in there throwing down some PDZ(zeolite) under the bedding might really help.
Don't be surprised if the birds don't appreciate your efforts, the new bedding might freak then out.

Yeah, I'll end up getting some bedding for them. Everywhere was closed today that I can get it from.

Back
Top Bottom