Cleared for takeoff

ChickiKat

Songster
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Eastern Kansas
The other day I was going out to throw some scratch for the chickens. I have a little song I sing so they know what is coming. When they hear the song, they all come running. For a moment I was blinded by the low hanging sun. Then I made out a bird flying at me. My OEGB roo had taken flight and came over the fence. He landed about two feet from me. After landing he just stood still and looked like he had no idea what had just happened. After a few minutes I told him he needed to go back in. I went and opened the gate and it didn't take much to get him to sheepishly walk back into the run. I really think he freaked himself out!!!!
lol.png

Sounds like my Manly, I mean Mandy, my Speckled Susses hen. I call her manly Mandy, because she has a huge comb, compared to my other SS, and is the bossiest of all my chickens. I think she has taken over the rooster position, because until recently, we haven't had a roo for a while. Anyway, if she thinks I have treats, good God, watch out, because here comes 8lbs of flying furry! She will fly in any direction too, which isn't the smartest since we have alot of trees and fencing.

Back
Top Bottom