"clicking" type sound inside my hen

Llovesherchics

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Central Florida
My little cochin hen is a year old now. In the last month or two I've notice this, for lack of a better term, clicking sound from time to time coming from inside her body. It's not constant. Just random, here and there. She hasn't been having any other problems at all. I've tried looking it up but I can't find anything on it. She, so far, is laying regularly still. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would really hate to go out one of these mornings and find her terribly ill or dead even.
sad.png
I would be crushed.

So if it were that, is there anything I (or the vet) can do for her? And is it one of those things that could go either way? She might live with it for a while and she might not? Thank you for your reply btw.

So if it were that, is there anything I (or the vet) can do for her? And is it one of those things that could go either way? She might live with it for a while and she might not? Thank you for your reply btw.
IF that's what it is, there isnt much that can be done. Put your ear to her side and listen closely for the clicking and verify for yourself that's what it is. Make sure it isnt gut or crop noises, or coming from the throat. If you hear gurgling or wheezing, it could be a respiratory issue, however there would be other symptoms.

IF that's what it is, there isnt much that can be done. Put your ear to her side and listen closely for the clicking and verify for yourself that's what it is. Make sure it isnt gut or crop noises, or coming from the throat. If you hear gurgling or wheezing, it could be a respiratory issue, however there would be other symptoms.
I did that and at the time she wasn't making that sound so...I think I'll probably go ahead and call the vet this up coming week and see what they say. I need not put it off any longer. Thank you.
wink.png

Whatever happened to your hen? I have a week old chick that has a clicking sound and I'm really worried.

Back
Top Bottom