Clipped Wings; Arthritis; Brain Damage;

You recently found this bird with the clipped wings and brought it home?
Was that before or after your rooster started having trouble walking?
I didn't find the Isa. She was found by the local librarian wondering around the industrial area of town. The librarian and her husband kept the Isa for a few months waiting to see if anyone owned her, no ever said they did. Then the librarian gave us the Isa because she knew we had lots of chooks.

The rooster has always been a bit... you know... wonky, even when he was a young cockerel. He was chased by our other rooster to the point that the other rooster cut above his eye, making it bleed LOTS. No the rooster and the Isa live out in the front yard, in their own flock.

Hmm. What an interesting idea. I assume you plan on eating your birds, since you pack them so full of spices. Must be tasty!

As helpful as most of the advice on this forum is, I don’t think herbal extracts are going to help your birds much. I’m sorry.

I’ve never heard of Shigru.
Unless it’s a pharmaceutical pain medication, no, I doubt it will help too much. She needs pain meds.

Why do you think proven medicine will do less than herbal stuff?
There's no reason for this. Everyone can offer their opinion/suggestions for care.

Different cultures don't rely on Western Medicine to treat their ailments, so I wouldn't necessarily poo poo on what's being suggested. Because it's not something that we have used, tried or heard of doesn't mean it won't work.

@Saaniya, can you read this please?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/treating-chickens-the-natural-traditional-way.69409/

Do you think that I should use Stinging Nettles for her arthritis?
Also completely unrelated, should I use Tea Tree on my chickens fo lice/mites? And if so, how?

Sorry, if I'm too demanding :oops:
Don't be sorry 😇
Love to discuss
Well tea tree is pretty toxic I read many many threads here that chickens died after tea tree

U can use rosemary thyme or oregano I prefer rosemary because it's less burning then oregano also peppermint.

But keep stick to one time of herb ..
If u mix many u don't able to understand which one is working lol 😂

For arthritis , you can use rosemary it's very safe so as thyme and oregano .

Maybe moringa also comes in Essential oil form I don't know you must search .
Just see her diet what u are giving
No no to high calcium
And things that raise uric acid

I don't know much about nettle but I will read ..there's a herb / plant called Touch Me Not ( Sensitive Plant) that is also used in arthritis but it's still in my reading section I'm still reading on it I only aware that it's used in farms of broilers to reduce the inflammation & stress

Trust me I'm a herb freak I collect all herbs I read good for chooks maybe this helps ..it's homeopathic if u don't found moringa give a try to this this is sensitive plant / touch me not extract

Attachments

• IMG20210925112752.jpg
    IMG20210925112752.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 3
Don't be sorry 😇
Love to discuss
Well tea tree is pretty toxic I read many many threads here that chickens died after tea tree

U can use rosemary thyme or oregano I prefer rosemary because it's less burning then oregano also peppermint.

But keep stick to one time of herb ..
If u mix many u don't able to understand which one is working lol 😂

For arthritis , you can use rosemary it's very safe so as thyme and oregano .

Maybe moringa also comes in Essential oil form I don't know you must search .
Just see her diet what u are giving
No no to high calcium
And things that raise uric acid
How would I use rosemary? Feed it to her? Rub it on her legs?
Also is this the Shigru? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3247085...X6j1%2F8DXl8Aw%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675
Thanks for your help! :D

Last edited:
Okay, compared the one I found to the one on your article, they're both the same.
They have been brought. :wee
Can you tell me how to administer them?
You are such a great help @Saaniya!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom