*CLOSED* Best Chicken Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Tusen
Breed: satin silkies
Fun fact: when my other roosters are mating with hens, he will get the other roosters of the hens back and mate with them!
16471010248241618398426.jpg

Last edited:
Entry #2

Name: Jasmine
Breed: Australorp
Fun Fact: Jasmine is one of the original hens. She also has an incredible story. The following I copied and pasted from my sisters flock thread (Cloudy Days In The Coop)

"Last Autumn, she was attacked by a large dog. While I managed to get to the scene before the attack could become fatal, I found that she couldn’t walk. She refused to eat for days, and only drank when I coaxed her to. While one leg seemed to work, the other wouldn’t work at all. Thinking it was dislocated, after several days I took her to a vet that would take a look at chickens. After four hours, they determined that she was most likely paralyzed. They explained that when the dog was shaking her around like a rag doll, her spine may have been severely injured. They gave me medicine after I refused to put her to sleep, telling me that it may help her. Jasmine was a fighter! After two weeks of giving her medicine, a check-up pronounced her to have nerve damage. She was always weak, but one day when I took her outside to be in the sun, she flew out of her bin to get around. That gave me hope. After several months living in the house and giving her medicine, she was hopping on one leg. By winter, I had a chicken tractor made. The ‘Chicken Infirmary.’ She spent those snowy days in there, nice and snug, and I would put her in the coop to stay warm. By spring, I began to introduce her to the flock again. One the head hen, she was now at the bottom of the flock, and still is. Amazingly, she began to use her weak leg to walk as well. Though she’s still slow in moving around, and her limp evident, she has gone a long way!"

(Hopefully it's ok to use a family members hen?)
1647736449969.png

1647736489170.png

1647736503887.png

1647736525651.png

Name: Blue
Breed: silkie
fun fact: we went to a show to get seramas and came home with silkies and sebrigjts lol! They are also super friendly birds.
Also, in the picture below, blue is the grey one. The white one doesn't have a name, have any ideas?View attachment 3045259
Snow
Star
Willow
Floof
Boots
Sweet Pea
Bubble
Cloud
River

Name: Blue
Breed: silkie
fun fact: we went to a show to get seramas and came home with silkies and sebrigjts lol! They are also super friendly birds.
Also, in the picture below, blue is the grey one. The white one doesn't have a name, have any ideas?View attachment 3045259
Chia
Cleo
Lady Cluck
Goose
Lily
Sweet Pea
Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom