CLOSED - Coop Design Contest - Win a $20 Gift Certificate

Great job on all the coops! Everyone done a great job and all the coops look super nice!
thumbsup.gif

T.T mine has been coming along slowly. With the rain and all, then on top of it my mom decided to drag us all (the whole family) to Florida for a week's vacation. I've been running round like a chicken with my head cut off to get everything in order! I NEED ORDER!

I know the feeling with the rain. It's been raining here for months now. I think we had 4 days in a row without rain. It's been raining today & the thunder is rollin' in right now!! I think the BYC crew does a great job keeping all us chicken junkies happy. They ought to get the prize. Maybe a day off......ah......don't know if we could make it that long without 'em.
idunno.gif

very slow building. I feel like i get it planned for the day and then when i go to build that part - I start rethinking everything when i am standing in front of it and trying to decide if thats the best choice or not.

Anyone else having this kind of a problem building your coop?

Right now - sitting at work - i have made a decision on how to construct the roof and move on. questions is will I feel the same way when I get home and look at it tonight????

If I can get the roof issues worked out, then the rest should be a piece of cake. the font doors are cut out and the sides are cut out.
Tonight - the plan is to get the roof in place and move on to the nesting boxes. add a chicken door and one more access door and the coop basics will be done.

then some of the finishing details like adding the roost and removable vinyl covered flooring........... and the girls will just about have their new home.

Then i can start on the run
roll.png

Quote:
Yep, I know exactly how you feel - took me 3 months of puttering to put my tractor together... not because I'm unskilled with the tools, but because there was always another interesting problem that needed "incubation" in search of the optimum solution. And that was after a year of just thinking about ideas.

I think part of the problem is that a chicken coop is deceptive - simple concept, but an infinite number of possible solutions to rummage through looking for the optimum one. And it only gets worse if you have an engineering / system's analyst mindset conditioned to look for the optimum solution....
barnie.gif

Amen! I just got finished enough to put the peeps in...not done....an am already starting to redesign. Not just stuff that's not done, the things that are. Trying to maintain the "KISS" principle is is very difficult.
th.gif

Quote:
It sure can get frustrating.... and expensive. most of my changes are to use better quality materials. for example - chicken wire is cheap - returned it and bought hardware cloth.

I dont think the girls or my family will let me keep dragging this project out much longer. the girls are at 6 weeks and really need to get out of the back room in the house. I sure enjoy watching them - and will like it even better when they have their own place and I have mine back. I got a couple more pictures i am adding to my page - hopefully next week i will be built enough to actually join this competition.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom