CLOSED--Winter Themed Jelly Roll/Fabric Strip Swap--November 2009

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
*Coordinator: CoyoteMagic

Themed Swap--colors wintery, white on white, snowflakes, wintery blues, snowmen, mittens, penguins, silvery,etc... NOT Christmas prints

Here is how it will work:

*Each person will take one yard of fabric (36x44)and cut it into 2 1/2 inch x 44 inch strips. Each yard will give you a minimum of 12 strips.

*This swap will be limited to 12 slots/participants You can sign up for more than one slot, but not more than 3. You will have to submit a different colored fabric for each slot filled.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*You must be 18 yrs. old or older to participate in this swap.

*Strips are to be sent to me no later than October 30th with a return envelope and postage included. PM me and I will send you my address.

*Folks can sign up for one month and not the next, for however long we continue. No need to promise to be here sewing for a year. One month at a time!

You can drop out and join at any point along the way, but you MUST send out the strips that you committed to after the 30th of the month.I will try to cut an extra strip or two in case we have some failures, anyone else who would like to do the same please do, and let me know. Thank you!!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) I will do my best to make sure that doesn’t happen, and will try keep a few blocks on hand to make amends. Please PM CoyoteMagic if there are any failures.

Deadline for sign-up October 25th

Thank you all for your participation in the swap

1-Coyote*
2-NanaKat
3-CedarRidgeChicks
4-Zookeeper
5-ginbart
6-Shelanie *Received*
7-tabsmonsters
8-Coyote*
9-Marlinchaser
10-Acres
11-Cluckin'Along
12-CrazyChickieMama

Those of you who have run a swap before, please let me know if I've left anything out

Last edited:
Coyote, I spent time reading the links and these are great inspiration. I love scrappy quilts and 2.5 strips are really easy to use.

I'm in for one and if you don't get 12 to sign up, I'll do two.

Welcome Ladies! This will be fun. Most strip quilts are quick and fairly easy. I'll post one I did with the daughters of a friend of mine this summer.

*ETA here are the girls and the quilt they made this summer. We used 4 1/2 inch blocks this time to make it easier on them. They tied it using colorful buttons.

1659_blue_ribbon.jpg

Note the Blue Ribbon from the Haywood County Fair!!

Last edited:
Darn, I should have known better than to open this thread. I was going to stay away from swaps until after Christmas.
I'll think about this and get back with you the end of this week.

BTW, very pretty quilt and beautiful girls.

prairiegirl

Thank you. The girls belong to my best friend. She asked me to come up and teach them to quilt about 8 years ago when they were doing a summer study on the way things were in the App mountains long ago.

We started with a crazy quilt and went on from there. I can't remember everything we have made. A "I Spy" log cabin, attic window, this trip around the world, dresdin plate. Each year they have won a blue ribbon in their age bracket at the county fair

One year we did 2. 1 was an applique of flip-flops that we decorated with bric-a-brac and buttons. That one won 1st place in the NC State Fair. Also did a Snoopy quilt that they made using crazyons. That one came in 2nd to the flip-flops.

Hope you will join us prairiegirl. These are quick pretty easy quilts. I'm actually working on 3 for the holiday.

Last edited:
This is just way to tempting.......................................................................................................................................................
hmm.png

By the way Coyote......I hear you received a block a while back that was pink, white, black, skully, gothic.............
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom