closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two words come to mind...
WOW & AMAZING

You can come over and build my house! That is sooo beautiful I am very jealous of your chickens. What are you adding next? A regulation size basketball court for your roos!?!

Bravo

clap.gif

Quick question

Is that Plastic Poultry Fence you covered your "Salad Bars" with?

And does it stand up to the weather and chickens walking on it good?

I have a bunch of plastic chicken wire left over from surrounding the garden and wanted to do something like this.

Thanks

Quote:
Yes, it is the vinyl poultry fence I have used for the raise beds. It's actually pretty strong. My chickens are all bantams, some of them however are larger bantams (Brahma, Cochins), and the larger one are pretty heavy. A lot of times I see 6 or 7 of them in the same spot trying to reach the grass. Since is a vinyl net, it will give an inch or two under the weight, but if is secure well to the frame it can hold the chickens weight without a problem.
As far as the weather, I presume it will be the same as when used for fence. I was considering to used regular chicken wire for the raise beds, but it's so hard to work with and I can never get it straight.

Good luck, Arianna

Quote:
Yes, it is the vinyl poultry fence I have used for the raise beds. It's actually pretty strong. My chickens are all bantams, some of them however are larger bantams (Brahma, Cochins), and the larger one are pretty heavy. A lot of times I see 6 or 7 of them in the same spot trying to reach the grass. Since is a vinyl net, it will give an inch or two under the weight, but if is secure well to the frame it can hold the chickens weight without a problem.
As far as the weather, I presume it will be the same as when used for fence. I was considering to used regular chicken wire for the raise beds, but it's so hard to work with and I can never get it straight.

Good luck, Arianna

Thanks! Ill use the left over Vinyl fence I have

Quote:

Good luck, Arianna

It seems to me the plastic hardware cloth would be easier on their feet over time than standing on the metal wire too. So glad to hear it's plastic. I have a ton of that too. You've inspired me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom