closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I seeded before I put the net down. I mixed Kentucky tall fescue grass with some fast growing ryegrass.

Quote:
My husband and I did all the work. It's really very basic and easy to do in only few weekends and it was not very expensive. I believe between the wood for the coop, the net, the posts, the nails, the concrete for the posts, the gravel and the pine bark I have spent less than $2,000 for everything (including the chickens).
I did had some left over wood from building the house and some recycled wood that I used for the coop.

Last edited:
Oh, I love the "Ritz Calrton" accomondations your girls have to live in.
droolin.gif

What a beautiful playground!!! If my girls saw how your girls live they'd run away and move in with yours. Great idea for grass. I will definately try it.

Just impressive!

Now I don't have all that room for the salad bars but wondered if I can do a salad bowl! A large log made container for larger plants and it does have a handle on top. I can put deer netting on top of it and they can pluck thru the netting for lettuce and grass shoots.

What kind of grass?

Quote:
It is vinyl netting. It's a deer net with a 2x2 in. opening and it's very strong, it doesn't break. I have used galvanized staple nails to attach it to the wood frame every 4 inches, and it hold the snow surprisingly well. I live in NC, so we don't get any extreme weather here, but this winter we had some pretty good snow so it was a good test. So far I past every season with the net on top and I had no problems (not even with falling tree branches on top of the net).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom