Closest hatchery to Wa state.

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
So googling a handfull of hatcheries like McMurry and Ideal etc... They all seem to be really far away. Anyone know of a closer one? I don't really like the idea of shipping birds that far. Thanks.

Edit: Note this thread is from 2007.
wink.png

I have heard good things about Dunlap in Idaho. Would you buy from a private breeder or do you want hatchery birds? There is a poultry site on facebook for western washington and you can find a lot of local breeders there. The group is called Western Washington Poultry. Wonderful One Acre Farm is one that I have seen that seems to have a great reputation. As far as hatcheries are concerned, I like Murray McMurray.

I've looked for closer ones too and here are a few that I've found in-state, albeit on the other side (I am in Bellingham). None have websites for some reason.

Harder's Hatchery
Ritzville, WA
509-659-1423
- Baby chicks, bantams, turkeys, waterfowl and gamebirds.

Northwest Gamebirds
Kennewick, WA
509-586-0150
- Coturnix quail: eggs, chicks, live adults, and flight-conditioned birds.

Phinney Hatchery, Inc.
Walla Walla, WA
509-525-2602
- Chicks, ringneck pheasant, chukar, exotic breeds, waterfowl.

Springhetti Gamebird Farm
Snohomish, WA
360-568-7277

Thanks for the list. I've called some of those places in the past and they don't really have a huge variety and most specialize in the non chicken domain. I guess if I want guineas though I know where to go!

Yeah, it's strange that there aren't any substantial chicken hatcheries in this area. I want to get some more obsure breeds in the future but also don't prefer mail order, but it doesn't seem like there's much of a choice.

This is where most of the WA state feed stores get their chicks, and where my chicks came from, VIA 2 different feed stores.
I think New Mexico is closer then most.
Privett Hatchery
PO Box 176 Portales, NM 88130
505-356-6425 Toll Free: 1-877-PRIVETT Fax: 505-356-6540
http://www.privetthatchery.com/cat/Default.htm

Back
Top Bottom