Closing up walls

No. Board on board is like board and battan except the "battans" are as wide as the boards and the "cracks" between the "boards" are nearly as wide as the boards.

like this:
1619751483913.jpeg

Sorry I worked construction since I was 16, I jumped from being an idiot when I was 18 to getting my electrical license in my state. I'm 41 now and been around the building trades for a minute. Not sure where you are because you didn't fill out your location in your profile but I still say don't use OSB as a building material. When I built my house I made dang sure that crap wasn't even on my property.

Sorry I worked construction since I was 16, I jumped from being an idiot when I was 18 to getting my electrical license in my state. I'm 41 now and been around the building trades for a minute. Not sure where you are because you didn't fill out your location in your profile but I still say don't use OSB as a building material. When I built my house I made dang sure that crap wasn't even on my property.
I’m in Rhode Island 🇺🇸
Thank you

No. Board on board is like board and battan except the "battans" are as wide as the boards and the "cracks" between the "boards" are nearly as wide as the boards.

like this:
View attachment 2642196
Thank you so much. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that! Lol. I really have very little knowledge or wood working. My Husband is retired welder. If Inwas building a metal coop we wouldn’t have problems. But I think I’m overthinking every move. I have read and looked at images to be schooled on building
However it comes out , it’s my build. I just didn’t want to make such an big error on walls

LOL, I grew up on a farm so I'm a jack of all trades. I know how to weld, do mechanic work, and all that crap. I'm only license to to be a sparky. My dad and both grandpas were grease monkeys.

I would just use the tongue-and-groove as siding, on the outside of the framing. No need to insulate, as long as you have plenty of ventilation above the height of their roosts.

The OSB would be OK to use on the inside where it can't get wet, such as building nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom