clothing for chickens???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by pigfarmer, Dec 31, 2011.

1. pigfarmer

pigfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2010
    Central Maine
    Any idea where I can get clothing for a chicken????????????
    I/we have a spoiled chicken (hen) that wants back in the house, not with her own.

Any place around?[​IMG]

Thanx, Brian

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I once had a hen that wouldn't keep a hen saddle/apron on. I bought a newborn sized dress on the clearance rack at walmart and altered it to fit her.

Otherwise, if you want to have fun with it and your chicken will tolerate it, why not shop for the clothes they make for small, yippy dogs?

3. waryyear950

waryyear950 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm not particularly fond of wearing clothing myself. I'd hate to foist that indignity upon my birds. [​IMG]

5. jeetthemeet

jeetthemeet Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2011
  6. whitejerabias

whitejerabias Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    Quote:Fo Sho!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Daddy Sour, now surely you remember when my dark brahma hen had to wear a dress because she wouldn't keep a saddle on? 'Course that dress was just a temporary fix while I struggled to alter her saddle to fit in such a way that she couldn't get it off.

8. One of the girls

One of the girls Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG]

Two of my younger hens lived in the house for warmth till they feathered out in early summer. They tried several times to follow me back into the house on my way in. [​IMG]

9. maddigurl

maddigurl New Egg

Sep 1, 2014
    How can you make shirts cheaply for chickens? One of my hens got a patch of feathers ripped out by a young puppy (who is grounded now) and I'm worried that she will get picked by the other ladies in the flock or get sunburnt. I thought I could use a sock or panty hose but I wasn't sure if that would be to restricting. If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows how to make a chicken shirt I would really appreciate it!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by