Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
Thank you, TwoCrows. I was very startled at the time (The bowl of strawberries may have ended up upside down on the forest floor), and you're right, I still am. I thought I'd lost my chickens. Hoping Kiki will be okay as well! :)

And thank you so much! I can't tell you how much I love my girls. :love (Not that I'm trying to boast about them or anything. :))
How is Kiki doing today? :hugs
And here are a few pictures I took of the forest in autumn, along with a very chatty squirrel. :) (Not chickens, but you can see what they're free-ranging in, so...:))
View attachment 2366394
View attachment 2366398
View attachment 2366399
View attachment 2366400
View attachment 2366402
Stunning photos, you live in such a beautiful territory! 💖

How is Kiki doing today? :hugs

Stunning photos, you live in such a beautiful territory! 💖
Kiki is doing very well today. :) She's running around with the others, searching for bugs, though a few of the hens, like Yuki, have been picking at her wound. It's healing up, though. :)

And thanks! I really do love it where I am. I was able to get a little sunshine today as well. :D

Kiki is doing very well today. :) She's running around with the others, searching for bugs, though a few of the hens, like Yuki, have been picking at her wound. It's healing up, though. :)

And thanks! I really do love it where I am. I was able to get a little sunshine today as well. :D
Oh I am glad she is ok! It's always stressful when they are sick or injured. Heartwarming to see them back in the flock!

I have never been to Washington, someday I hope to get up there. It looks so peaceful and ancient up there. Looks like the land has healing powers to the soul. So pretty! 💕

Oh I am glad she is ok! It's always stressful when they are sick or injured. Heartwarming to see them back in the flock!

I have never been to Washington, someday I hope to get up there. It looks so peaceful and ancient up there. Looks like the land has healing powers to the soul. So pretty! 💕
I’m glad she’s okay too. :) She seems to be getting along with the Silkies pretty well. :D I just saw Boba and Kiki sharing a nesting box.
D5693328-99AE-4BAB-981A-13A8CE6BC03B.jpeg

I’ve rarely been out of Washington much, though the few other places I have been too, I’ve noticed that each has it’s own, unique beauty to it. For example, Washington has large, wild mountains and forests, often drenched in raindrops and moss growing off of trees, giving it a soft, serene appearance. Hawaii, on the other hand, has pearly beaches, warm, bright sunshine, and bright, colorful reefs. :D

I’m glad she’s okay too. :) She seems to be getting along with the Silkies pretty well. :D I just saw Boba and Kiki sharing a nesting box.
View attachment 2366597
I’ve rarely been out of Washington much, though the few other places I have been too, I’ve noticed that each has it’s own, unique beauty to it. For example, Washington has large, wild mountains and forests, often drenched in raindrops and moss growing off of trees, giving it a soft, serene appearance. Hawaii, on the other hand, has pearly beaches, warm, bright sunshine, and bright, colorful reefs. :D
Aww...cute photo. 💖

So you've been to Hawaii?! I've never been there but want to get there one day too. Were you on vacation? We've done some traveling around the US, mostly the plains and Midwest. Even saw Florida once. :D But after getting involved in all the poultry and livestock these past 25 yrs, we have been nowhere! We are dying for a vacation. :D My hubby wants to move up to your area somewhere, either Washington or Oregon.

Aww...cute photo. 💖

So you've been to Hawaii?! I've never been there but want to get there one day too. Were you on vacation? We've done some traveling around the US, mostly the plains and Midwest. Even saw Florida once. :D But after getting involved in all the poultry and livestock these past 25 yrs, we have been nowhere! We are dying for a vacation. :D My hubby wants to move up to your area somewhere, either Washington or Oregon.
Thanks! :D

Yes, I’ve been to Hawaii twice. Once for vacation, and the other to visit family. It’s so sunny there! Never been to the Midwest area or Florida, though. :) You haven't been on vacation for 25 years?! That’s quite a while...I bet New Mexico is nice, though. :D

Thanks! :D

Yes, I’ve been to Hawaii twice. Once for vacation, and the other to visit family. It’s so sunny there! Never been to the Midwest area or Florida, though. :) You haven't been on vacation for 25 years?! That’s quite a while...I bet New Mexico is nice, though. :D
Oh how nice you have family in Hawaii, good excuse to travel there! :D

New Mexico is fairly unpopulated and still holds its ancient vibe what with the native and spanish influence, history and all very well preserved. We live up in the mountains at 7,000 ft and love the forests and foliage. We have complete isolation out here in the middle of nowhere. :D But we've been in a severe drought for the past 15 years and everything is dying. Pretty sad, so yeah, hubby wants to now live where it rains a LOT. :D Once the Covid dies down and our very ancient old Maltese dog passes on, :hit we plan on taking a vacation.

Oh how nice you have family in Hawaii, good excuse to travel there! :D

New Mexico is fairly unpopulated and still holds its ancient vibe what with the native and spanish influence, history and all very well preserved. We live up in the mountains at 7,000 ft and love the forests and foliage. We have complete isolation out here in the middle of nowhere. :D But we've been in a severe drought for the past 15 years and everything is dying. Pretty sad, so yeah, hubby wants to now live where it rains a LOT. :D Once the Covid dies down and our very ancient old Maltese dog passes on, :hit we plan on taking a vacation.
Wow! It sounds lovely up there. It must be amazing to live in a place with such rich history and culture. :) I’m sorry about the drought. That has to be rough. :(

Back
Top Bottom