Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
Object?! Please. I beg you to share them!!! I need to see some snow!!!
Sure -- thanks!
DSC_7836.JPG

DSC_7842.JPG

DSC_7851.JPG

DSC_7872.JPG

DSC_7875.JPG

DSC_7878.JPG

I'm not as good of a photographer, and I was also in a bit of a hurry, but I hope that you like them!

Sometimes, especially as winter sets in, I am discouraged to walk outside to get pictures, only to find the Autumn leaves, the flowers, and other things to be...gone. My first thought is, There’s nothing beautiful left. But really, that’s not the case. That dead flower might have lost its color, but it’s still beautiful in its own way. The shriveled mushrooms that look like nothing at first glance actually seem to glow with mystery and beauty, with small, intricate details. The evergreens still have their vivid green needles. The moss still offers a soft touch to the forest. The birds, while many have left, still sing their sweet songs. As I look closer, I realize that there is beauty in every season, no matter how it may look on the surface. And at last, camera aimed for a fallen flower, I smile.
The chickens have been enjoying beautiful days with little rain, just clouds. Today, I let the flock out to free-range, and they’ve spent their time running around, grabbing fresh bugs and other forage as they go. :) Mochi was especially adorable as she followed me all over the yard as I took pictures, her fluffy legs toddling after me. After a while, I had to scoop her up and give her some snuggles 🥰
View attachment 2439093
View attachment 2439094View attachment 2439098
View attachment 2439103
View attachment 2439105View attachment 2439109
View attachment 2439117
View attachment 2439121
View attachment 2439125
View attachment 2439127
View attachment 2439129
That was a beautiful little speech 😍 Recently I have been realizing the same thing, and ever since I have gotten up every morning to photograph chickens and nature (you inspired me!) I have started truly enjoying autumn-winter for the first time in several years.

The photos are beautiful!

Sure -- thanks!
View attachment 2439190
View attachment 2439191
View attachment 2439192
View attachment 2439193
View attachment 2439195
View attachment 2439196

I'm not as good of a photographer, and I was also in a bit of a hurry, but I hope that you like them!
I found a couple of good ones that I really like -- sorry for the deluge:
View attachment 2439209
View attachment 2439211
It's real snow! Lucky you! Your photos super pretty, and your chickens look to be enjoying themselves despite the cold feet! :love

Back
Top Bottom