Clover

pricklyash

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 8, 2011
My chickens go bonkers for clover, which is great as it is probably the most common weed growing around this place.

my chickens love clovers and my backyard is swarming with them! (not like they can eat them cuz they have a run. There run used to have clovers but now their poo is killing the poor clovers
tongue.png
. We are moving them soon so they can grow back. Once in a while ill choose a good clover from the garden, stick my hand in and let them peck away. XD

Last edited:
Quote:
Clover is not a common weed. It is a legume. It is excellent in a pasture and makes quite expensive hay. lol.

Last edited:
Clover seed used to be mixed with grass seed for lawn planting up until chemical weed controls became popular. The chemicals kill the clover along with all the other non grass weeds. Several of my really old lawn and gardening books talk about the amount of clover to seed with.

I love clover. It's so soft underfoot and takes mowing so well. Stays green longer than the grass in the summer, too. I'd love a small outdoor reading area with just clover.

My birds love the clover and dandelions. After the rain comes back, I have some to plant just for them.

I just bought a pound of clover seed for the yard to help out my bee hive, i'm glad to hear the birds like it too.

Back
Top Bottom