1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Club Feet" on Pekin Duck problem/help?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by enealc, Oct 11, 2009.

1. enealc

enealc New Egg

Oct 11, 2009
    I have a 5 week old Jumbo Pekin duck that has what you might call "club feet" for lack of a better description (the feet are balled up and he is having trouble walking). Is there anything that can be done at this stage?
    Thanks

2. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Can his feet be flattened out physically by you? If you can do they look like normal duck feet?

If the answers are yes, then I would think you could do what chikie people do which is make "shoes". Using heavy cardboard cut a little larger than his feet, tape his feet to the "shoes" in a flat, normal position. He should be all fixed up in no time.

How has he gotten along up till now? Poor guy. You can use the search engine on here for "shoes". there should be a bunch of postings.

Jenny

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by