cluck! cluck! from Nova Scotia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sunshyn225, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sunshyn225

sunshyn225 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    Hello there! I've been lurking on this site for the past couple months now and have learned SO much great info by reading here! I'm new to chickens, never even been AROUND them before but have been interested in getting some for the past few months.

DH and I have been planning out our coop and admiring others on here (which are all SO nice!) and am excited to say that I ordered 4 leghorn and 4 RIR pullets today at the feed store! [​IMG] I can't wait until they are big enough to be moved outside to their future coop and also be able to occasionally free range a small portion of our 30+ acres! YAY!!! [​IMG] My chicks are supposed to arrive in mid-May and it can't get here fast enough! This is worse than waiting for Christmas! [​IMG]

2. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio [​IMG] I have chickens but just put eggs in the incubator this week and already i can't wait to hatch day. Gotta expand the coop [​IMG]

3. sunshyn225

sunshyn225 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2011
    Quote:Thank you! I was offered an incubator from a friend, but just don't have the time to dedicate to them for the next month. I will likely give it a whirl next year when I expand. HA! Listen to me..... already planning to expand. I'm addicted already and don't even have my chicks yet! [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on joining us

Imp

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from MN! I know just how you feel! For a while before the chicks arrived, they were the first thing I thought of in the morning and the last thing I thought of at night [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I think you will like it here. [​IMG]

7. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

8. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from Northern California. [​IMG]

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu