Cluck if you are from the San Francisco Bay Area

now how did you know that? there are two restaurants here, but i've only been to one...
occidental btw to all others is a teeny tiny town with one stop sign, a little post office, volunteer fire dept, a couple of hotels, restaurants, markets, little stores, library, NO GAS STATION, (and we are about 15 minutes up a two lane road to that)
hmm.png

i live on the bohemian highway about 3-4 miles from occidental, so when i leave home it's an adventure!
so how close am i to anyone else?
bloomerz

Grew up in Concord, and now in Davis. I have 6 hens here, 1 banty cochin frizzle, a Welsummer, a Birchin Maran, 2 EEs and an old Plymouth hen. AND at school, I have 2 more banty frizzles, and a giant blue cochin.
smile.png
That's one way to get around the 6 hen limit! I also raise quail for mostly eggs.

Is anyone around Davis putting in an order from a hatchery? I'm interested in trying my hand at raising 5-7 Cornish X for the holidays, and the minimum order is 25! If you are, post me! I'd love to piggy back an order, rather than ordering 25 and not being able to sell the extras...

Hey, Chickenboo and FFA Mom - we are neighbors!
I am in American Canyon (did you guess?)
Have 5 Barred Rocks, started laying about a month ago, and 7 EEs, - looks like some of them started this week, as I am now getting 6 or 7 eggs, but they are BROWN
sad.png
!!!!
Oh, and for the other bay area folks, American Canyon is between Napa and Vallejo, if you have never heard of it.

Howdy AmCanyonStables, you are pretty close to Suisun City!
Do you not like your brown eggs? My daughter thinks the brown ones taste better
smile.png

Oh, I love the brown ones, I was just hoping for some blue and green to add variety. Originally, I wanted silver laced wyandottes, (So pretty!) so would have had all brown eggs anyway... but I just could not get any in the area. I settled for the BRs and EEs, and after waiting this long, I wanted some blue and green, darn it!
Still have a chance, I think only 2 or 3 of the EEs are laying yet.
Yes, we are close - I go by you twice a week on the way to the base, I work there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Los Gatos/ Santa Cruz mountains checking in here

I have 5 laying pullets
4 babies in the booder (silkies and one polish)
and on young roo in the sick pen.
sad.png

I'm looking for some blue (large) Cochin pullets.

Hey yall! I am in Stockton and we are not allowed to have chickens in the city limits... so much for being in the heart of ag country!

That is such a bummer!! I'm in San Francisco and I'm really surprised that its OK (for now!) to have chickens...I'm just waiting until spring after the rains are gone. Write to those city officials in Stockton and ask them to re-consider!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom