Cluckers in Their New Digs! New Picture of Exterior

Very nice job! Looks like some happy chicks you have there.
big_smile.png

I just put sand in my new coop and did quite a bit of reading here before choosing it. It seems that the most important thing is that it be washed sand. The washing gets rid of clay and silt, which can hold on to moisture and odours.

I called a local masonry place, and asked where they got their sand, and went there. There was a large selection of washed sand. I chose the "all purpose sand" because it had a nice selection of stone sizes, from fine sand to 1/4" pebbles.

It's only been two days, but, so far so good. They love dust bathing in it, it's easy to clean, and they're using it for grit.

What kind of chicken are those? I have some that look just like them, but can't find out what breed they are. Coop looks good by the way. Thanks!

Quote:
that's for clucker reading material.

don't just want them sitting around, they need to keep their minds sharp!

how are yours doing?

So far, so good! We are doing our big shed renovation and run build this weekend, and I am beyond ready! We've got chicks in the brooder, hens in the tractor and pullets in quarantine in the yard.

With all the excitement from a very aggressive fox visit last night, (lots more on that in the predator/pest section) I am so ready to get everyone under one very secure roof!

Quote:
that's for clucker reading material.

don't just want them sitting around, they need to keep their minds sharp!

how are yours doing?

With all the excitement from a very aggressive fox visit last night, (lots more on that in the predator/pest section) I am so ready to get everyone under one very secure roof!

oh no!

Quote:

oh no!

Luckily all the feathered ones are safe, for now, but me and the cat got quite a scare.

Back
Top Bottom