Clucking?

chickgirl11

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Citra, Florida
My 4 week old road red hen was making some weird noises today. Then I realized that it sounded like clucking. Instead of her normal cheep cheep I heard cheecluck and cluk cluk. It didn't quite sound like the noises that grown chicks make but it was definetly a clucking sound. What is happening? Is this normal? Is my baby growing up and getting her "big girl" voice?

I dunno. Mine didn't get theirs until they were at least 2 months old but she could be an early bloomer.
big_smile.png

My 6 week old bantams have started making clucky noises too. Only the last 3 days or so, every once in a while you hear one. They went out to their coop today
yippiechickie.gif
and I heard a couple clucks...maybe they were very happy (I know I was). I'll be putting up pics, of their big move, on Monday!
wee.gif

Last edited:
MY Naked Necks must be retarded. Only one of the 17 week olds has started to sound like a hen...the other two still cheep.

I've noticed that even the 'clucker' reverts to cheeping when I am around to beg for food. Maybe their cheeping is just their way of seeking sympathy from mum (me) to get treats......

Back
Top Bottom