Clueless Laying Issue

stuka123

Songster
May 1, 2017
Emmaus, Pa
Hello,
I have a 2 1/2 years old female. She was a great layer until this summer. I only got an egg once in awhile. Then I noticed she had a prolapsed vent. I was able to get it back in and it hasn’t come back out in the last month. However she had a small lump when I felt her. I gave her a dose of calcium and the next day she laid, what looked like a small hard boiled egg. Absolutely no shell, hard or soft. A couple weeks have gone by and I can feel about four more small lumps. I’ve given her more calcium and massaged her to get them out but nothing. She’s still eating and drinking. She will go in the duck house and nest like she wants to lay but she can’t get them out. I’m so confused about what’s going on???

78532779-013B-4D03-8A29-43D31D9EE70D.jpeg
6E17E129-1602-4760-AC29-633F8A6CB515.jpeg

That's a lash egg and that probably means she has a serious reproductive tract infection. A vet would be your best option, but if you can't get her to a vet you could try treating her yourself. If mine I would start her on Baytril for infection, Meloxicam for pain and swelling, calcium, d3 and e. In addition to those I would give fluids daily and let her soak in a tub of warm water.

This link has some good info:
http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/salpingitis

Back
Top Bottom