Clumsy Encounters!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by featherfinder, Sep 16, 2011.

1. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Ok so this just happened to me the other day so does any one else have any clumsy or embarassing stories to tell? Just for fun and laughs? [​IMG]

I was cleaning my duck run the other day and I was holding off on the pond till last. (my pump had been broken for a few days so the water was super icky!) Well my ducks were all standing there watching me and waiting for me to be done when they all started quacking really loud! I couldnt figure out what it was. Well the next thing i know there is the neighbors cat that got lose jumping on to the edge of the fence! My ducks are scattering at this point and my dog heres them and comes running (my dog loves the ducks! always protects them and never hurts them). She runs straight threw the ducks towards the cat to get it out of "her" yard and away from "her" ducks. In the proccess of her running threw the ducks they went in every direction wings flapping and quacking! I was trying to run to get my dog and in the proccess got hit be a couple of running ducks that didnt care i was in their way thus tripping me and pushing me into the poo filled pond! Oh my what a mess! And very stinky! My ducks seemed to calm down right after that and just gather around to laugh at me. I got out and ran right over to the hose to wash down... They were all by the fence closest to me still quacking at me that sounded like laughing! Wet and all i went next door to my neighbor and the cat was laying out front. I picked him up and knocked on the door. He asked me what happened and i handed him his cat and said it escaped again. He looked at me confused and i told him what happened. He laughed for a few minutes and then put the cat inside and procceded to walk over to my place and help me clean out the rest of my pond.

Anyone else have any funny/embarassing stories that they would care to share? [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    [​IMG] Nothing as funny as that, but I do fall down quite often......It's very embarrassing....(And no, I haven't been drinking! ) [​IMG]

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I have slipped while cleaning the water fowl's foul pond, so I know what that is like. At least you got a funny story out of it and some help cleaning the pond.

4. featherfinder

Anyone else have any? That way i know im not the only one and dont feel so embarassed [​IMG]

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    This happens to me quite often. Whenever it just rained and we try to clean horse poop out of the runs, it tend to get very difficult because the poo is very wet and slippery. Every once in a while when putting poop in the wheelbarrow it will actually “splash” back at you. Quite gross [​IMG] It's always good to know when to keep your mouth shut [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    My 6 year old got dumped headfirst into a gold fish pond by my sister's skits dog.
    My sister was laughing her head off, I was not. She had on brand new clothes and shoes!
    What made me laugh was when the 6 year old told my sis her dog needed some serious training!

7. kellieg1

kellieg1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Marthasville
    Ok, here's mine. Any deer hunters out there will get this the most. A friend of ours son got a BIG Buck!! It was a 14 pointer with lots of kickers around the base. Anyway, the guys were at the cabin down the road and the buck was in our cooler. Well, I wanted to see it again so hubby opens the door and I'm in just in aww of it. I step back out of the cooler and trip and fall into the gut bucket!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

(if someone doesn't know what that is, its were all the guts and stuff from the deer go into)
    Hubby says ARE you ok???
    Yes, I am.
    The the laughter starts while I'm still siting in there! [​IMG]

Then he pulls me out and I waddle up to the house, Luckly I had coveralls on!
    Boy, did I get it the next time I saw the guys! Nick name 'gut bucket'[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. featherfinder

Quote:That had to of been a good laugh for them lol. I wonder what's worse a bucket of guts? Or a pond full of week old duck poo thats been baking in the sun? I think thats close.

9. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    This happened over the weekend. We were out freeranging with the chooks, having a good time. I was feeding them mealworms from the canister. Not paying enough attention I accidently tossed out the bag of dessicant into the yard. Ol' Amy the Red Star grabs it. I freak, cuz I know that it would not be good for her to eat it. I start chasing her. DH helps with the chase. Each time we stop for a second she stops and drops the bag. We run, she grabs it and runs.... She finally drops it and gives up the game and we get the bag back..... No that doesnt really sound funny.... What was funny was later when the neighbor asked us what we had been doing, he was watching us chase the chicken around the yard. I was so embarrassed!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

10. kellieg1

kellieg1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Marthasville
    Quote:That had to of been a good laugh for them lol. I wonder what's worse a bucket of guts? Or a pond full of week old duck poo thats been baking in the sun? I think thats close.

I believe it would be a tie on that one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by