Cluster of air bubbles in the egg

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I was getting ready to set eggs, I got from a near by farm, one of the eggs I collected had a cluster of tiny air bubbles in it. The cluster was very mobile, I had seen this before, and at first I didn't think it was from the air cell since it didn't look like a loose air cell, (I have seen those before) This egg looked like it had an air cell, and the cluster, but as I played with it and let the cluster float to the top of the egg, I could def tell it was the air cell, just instead of one bubble they became little clusters of bubbles and some of the air cell stayed in tact. I know I could treat the egg the way they treat eggs with a loose air cell, keeping it up right and all, but I am choosing not to set that one egg.

I received a whole shipment of eggs that way. Needles to say none hatches. It was like they were out of a paint can shaker. It's interesting that they were like this and hadn't gone through the trauma of shipping, though the ones I got were only from about a 4 hours drive away.

Back
Top Bottom