1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

C'mon folks... WAY TOO MANY UNANSWERED posts!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Mahonri, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've been up for an hour or so and I'm tired and no one or even TEN persons can do it alone... many of these unanswered posts have sat since early afternoon yesterday.

... and I skip the BST etc....

Nifty, pehaps you could put a link to unanswered posts right up there inbetween "Recent Posts" and "Uploads"... it would make it much easier.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Good post -- I've been lazy about this lately, but used to check them at least once a day. Will get busy again.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm guilty also..i will too..

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    HEY! I found MY own in there! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Get busy people! [​IMG]

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I usually answer the unanswered posts first, even if all I can tell them is "I hope it will be all right". I neglect the ones with more than three replies (unless I want to add my thoughts)!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

A lot of times the OP could find an answer by putting out a little effort and doing a search.

7. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    I try to reply to the ones I know but I'm thinking I need to apply to "Thread Killers Anonymous".... Most of what I start or reply to dies within 3 or three posts [​IMG]

8. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Good reminder. I pick and choose which to reply to, but I do need to check it more often. I don't see this as one Nifty can help us with. We need to be more self-disciplined. The technology is already there.

Katy,
    There are so many new people on here all the time that I don't mind answering the same questions that much. They are common questions and a lot of time people read only the new posts instead of searching. It is how they learn. A lot of times, the people reading the new posts don't even know the questions to ask. Of course, I also refer to a lot of old threads.

9. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    And there is always the situation that even though you use the search function, you don't really know what to ask for. And in my case, FireFox can be a bit of a pain for the search program but I still look for a bit anyway, most people aren't that patient.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Whenever these threads asking for help with unanswered posts are started, we always ask that you use common sense when answering threads with no replies.

Don't bother with the Buy-Sell-Trade sections
    and anything over a week or so old is probably not relevant anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by