Cobb County Chickens?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by ChickenGirl3, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ChickenGirl3

ChickenGirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Hi Everyone,
    I just looked at the news today and a man was forced to give up his chickens do to not having 2 acres of land! I AM SO HORRIFIED BY THIS! He has a 10 year old daughter that bust out into tears because they had to give the chickens up by wednesday. Has to give up 11 chickens due to this... I am really ticked and he got 200 signatures to go with him! UGHHHH CHICKENS NEED TO BE LEGAL IN THIS COUNTY! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]! I make me wanna hide my chickens [​IMG] [​IMG]

~ChickenGirl3

2. real_redhead

real_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Are you talking about Cobb Co in GA? I signed his petition....that is crazy.

3. ChickenGirl3

Nov 27, 2010
    Yes I am

4. Hiram

Hiram Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Cobb County Government has never seemed the friendly to anything outside it's narrow view of what's the white-right way. This is a shame. I live in Dekalb. You wont have a problem here so much. It depends on the neighborhood. I signed too and emailed the board. I think their position is outdated. However, his real problem is that old lady who lives next door.

5. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I dont know what it is with the government now a days, but farm life really seems to be being threatened every-time I turn around [​IMG]

6. ChickenGirl3

Nov 27, 2010
    I am fairly young to be having chickens...i feel threatened with the county laws...I try to hide my chickens as much as possible now. [​IMG] I don't know where to turn and i really don't want anyone to see then anymore, I just built this super awesome coop and it has automatic feed, water, and door. I try to hide it with trees and shrubs but it seems well hidden and it has to be the color of our house so it will blend well with the tree leaves and such [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by