Coccicidiosis, maybe??

This is the most recent.
20190918_134845.jpg
20190918_134845.jpg

Do you know which one did that or are all of them pooping blood?
The one that is the worst, I would direct drench her in addition to the mixed Corid water. If you don't know which one, it won't hurt to direct dose all of them - again, this is separate from them drinking the mixed Corid water - they need to drink the Corid water as their only source of water.

Liquid Corid direct oral drench dosage is 0.10ml per pound of weight once a day for 2-3 days. Corid is mild and it won't hurt.

I would also give a little white rice with a bit of buttermilk stirred in to help sooth the intestines. While the Corid does control/reduce the number of Coccidia, an overload is damaging.

I am pretty sure it is only one at this point. I have seen her drinking the water, so that’s a start. If i mix the corid with rice and buttermilk, will she eat it?
I also don’t know how much she weighs? She is 15-16 weeks old, a Maran (seen in my profile pic)
This is all new to me, so thanks for the information and support!

I am pretty sure it is only one at this point. I have seen her drinking the water, so that’s a start. If i mix the corid with rice and buttermilk, will she eat it?
I also don’t know how much she weighs? She is 15-16 weeks old, a Maran (seen in my profile pic)
This is all new to me, so thanks for the information and support!
Can you weigh her or weigh yourself, then hold her weigh again - that will give you a good guess on her weight anyway.
Personally, I would just direct dose instead of mixing it with the rice and buttermilk, you never know if they will eat all of it.

Here's a good way to give oral medications.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Hello! I need to continue this conversation because we are beginning the 5th day on Corid and I still see bloody, runny dropping in the morning. It was only in one spot under the roost. All 6 pullets are active, eating and drinking, and seem to feel fine. I do think it might be from a different chicken than the original girl. Does that make sense? If that is the case, should I wait an extra day or two before reducing the Corid water ratio?

Hello! I need to continue this conversation because we are beginning the 5th day on Corid and I still see bloody, runny dropping in the morning. It was only in one spot under the roost. All 6 pullets are active, eating and drinking, and seem to feel fine. I do think it might be from a different chicken than the original girl. Does that make sense? If that is the case, should I wait an extra day or two before reducing the Corid water ratio?
I would continue for two more days at the higher strength amount and I would give that bird a direct dose straight to the beak. The drench dose.

Back
Top Bottom