Coccidia treatment

Mckenziedoyle3

Hatching
Apr 1, 2023
I’m on my third round of hatchlings and this round is getting hit hard with coccidia and Corid just isn’t touching them. I no longer feed medicated feed. They aren’t on wire flooring anymore and I usually will automatically start them on Corid for about 5 days when they are on the floor the first time they come off wire floor. I’ve lost at least 20 sweet babies! It’s heart breaking. I’m in Texas too so this heat has been no joke but they’re in constant shade with shop fans. Access to water at all times. But their symptoms were the typical “vulture look”, head tucked in, ruffled feathers, lethargic, depressed, not e/d, then had a few with bloody stool. BUT I’ve also had another symptom… swelling of the eye. That comes weeks later after all the other symptoms stop. I’ll attach a picture tomorrow of the eye of one of my older guys! Those guys are stable! The swelling goes away and they live ! It’s the ruffled feather ones that die one me! The younger ones. Is it Coryza? I have no idea. I just need opinions. Lol advice. Your own experience ?

Photos of poop, chicks, etc. may be helpful.

I'm sorry that you lost so many.

If Corid is not working for bloody poops then try Toltrazuril or a Sulfa Antibiotic (SMZ-TMP).

The swelling of one eye is interesting - any lesions on the combs, inside the beaks?
Infectious Coryza has a bad odor - do you notice a bad odor from around the face?

Back
Top Bottom