coccidiosis ground treatment for chickens coops

If coccidia is really bad in your area, I would consider immunizing for coccidia. Basically you are giving them an infection with weak coccidia... you have to keep them on the same bedding for at least 4 weeks so they keep ingesting more coccidia thru their poop. They build up immunity that way. There are different appoaches to the whole subject. But either way, they need to build up that immunity.

In the past I found my worst outbreaks to be when it's cold and wet, then also when it's very hot and water sources tend to be contaminated. They had a tough time keeping corrid in stock up here as well, it may have been because bad breakouts or because of reduced availability due to covid supply chain problems.

I guess you're right I'm like overprotective father I was very attached to a few of the ones I lost I breed silkies by the way. I will look up Interkokask.
I had an outbreak I had close to 300 birds down to 80 treated birds has no effect. MSU even tested my birds told what all to buy still a negative result .Department of Agricultural says to remove birds poop put down loose cattle salt & wettable sulfur then new dirt or sand .note:salt will kill plant life.neutralizes soil.

Back
Top Bottom