Coccidiosis in 9 week pullets - will they survive?

Tylan50 can be given orally instead of by injection. There's also Tylosin (Tylan) soluble that can be ordered online, it goes in the drinking water.
Tiamulin is used to treat MG in poultry.
I’m back for more help. I feel like I am failing! My first problem with my 2 month old flock was coccidiosis. During the course of that treatment, all the birds came down with respiratory issues with runny nose, sneezing, and one was so bad it gurgled and sounded very mucusy. I never did the follow up Corid treatment after the full 7 days because I followed up the respiratory illness with denaguard which seems to have helped them all tremendously. Today was the last day for denaguard and now I am noticing the one that had the worst respiratory issues (she seemed to have no sneezing or coughing at all since her being really bad), today she looked a bit puffed up and was even closing her eyes standing up. Is it possible the coccidiosis is back? Is another round of Corid for the whole flock too harsh? That means they would have done 7 days Corid, 7 days denaguard, and now if my suspicions show true in all birds eventually getting cocci again as they’re all in the same coop and run, that would be another round of Corid?

Can you get photos of her and her poop?
I will in the morning! I’m also taking it to a vet to test for worms. And if I can afford it, see if they can run tests on any respiratory or other diseases they may have. She still pecks around, eats like a pig, and all the good stuff but just those moments when I notice the girls puffed up and sleepy I know something is wrong yanno?

I will in the morning! I’m also taking it to a vet to test for worms. And if I can afford it, see if they can run tests on any respiratory or other diseases they may have. She still pecks around, eats like a pig, and all the good stuff but just those moments when I notice the girls puffed up and sleepy I know something is wrong yanno?
Well, the fecal samples came back negative for worms/parasites. So it’s not coccidiosis! And my vet specializes in livestock so he knew what I was looking for. I’m assuming the lethargic chick just needed an extra boost of vitmains because every day it seems to do better. I’ve given fermented feed with kickin chicken brand supplement, flock recovery 911 brand water, and also tried rooster booster electrolyte water. I’ve also added colloidial silver in their water. Trying a whole bunch of more natural approaches with no medicine at all. Everyone’s combs and wattles are starting to appear more pink/red/vibrant which I heard was a good sign. Poops like normal. I just got an order in of brewers yeast, big bag of soldier fly larvae treats (giving at a minimum). Prepare, prepare, prepare is all that’s in my head lol. Thank you so much for your knowledge and willingness to help us all! See you have given lots of other tenders here great advice and mainly, peace of mind!

Well, the fecal samples came back negative for worms/parasites. So it’s not coccidiosis! And my vet specializes in livestock so he knew what I was looking for. I’m assuming the lethargic chick just needed an extra boost of vitmains because every day it seems to do better. I’ve given fermented feed with kickin chicken brand supplement, flock recovery 911 brand water, and also tried rooster booster electrolyte water. I’ve also added colloidial silver in their water. Trying a whole bunch of more natural approaches with no medicine at all. Everyone’s combs and wattles are starting to appear more pink/red/vibrant which I heard was a good sign. Poops like normal. I just got an order in of brewers yeast, big bag of soldier fly larvae treats (giving at a minimum). Prepare, prepare, prepare is all that’s in my head lol. Thank you so much for your knowledge and willingness to help us all! See you have given lots of other tenders here great advice and mainly, peace of mind!
I'm glad you were able to see the vet and that she's doing better!

Sounds like you are getting on top of things!
Thank you for the update!

Back
Top Bottom