Cochin breeding, genetics, and showing

Pics
I have 9 Cochin chickens right now of various colors and I plan to downsize but I am having trouble deciding which ones to keep. I have 4 Roos and 5 hens. My plan was to keep 1 of each color hen, and then 1 roo to later breed. I am so lost as to what colors I will get when breeding. The color of hens are black, blue, and silver laced. The color Roos, are 1 solid black, 1 solid blue, and 1 blue with white, and 1 blue with white and a tiny brown. We of course love the last one best. He is beautiful, so is the other blue with white. So the question is, what will the mixing of these color make??

Mostky blues blacks and splash. Although there will be a few different mixed colors from the silver laced. Beautiful soynding birds!! Could we get pics??

Yes I will post pics soon! I am trying to decide which tooster to keep, being that I only really need one. They are all so pretty, it's hard to decide!!

These are the Roos. The last two are hens. If you zoom you can see that the first roo is light grey with white and a little gold, the second is dark grey with white. Both so pretty! Lol and of course we love the silver laced girl. So would I still get some solids with one of the splash Roos?
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

With the roos u have you will get a few solids and a few splash. It didnt upload all the pics but from the two that did I can tell u have BEAUTIFUL AND WELL CARED FOR birds!

These are the Roos. The last two are hens. If you zoom you can see that the first roo is light grey with white and a little gold, the second is dark grey with white. Both so pretty! Lol and of course we love the silver laced girl. So would I still get some solids with one of the splash Roos?
[/URL]
i like the black and gold one but this could be why.

this is my boy Shadow.

so if i was to breed this rooster,

with a solid blue or black hen would i get chicks with his marking out of the first generation?

Back
Top Bottom