1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cochin chick, possible frizzle?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kissofcrimson, Feb 5, 2016.

1. kissofcrimson

kissofcrimson Out Of The Brooder

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the medical section or here, but it doesn't pertain to health but to his/her feathers. I got two chicks from an auction that were bald, all thier down was gone but thier wing feathers were coming in some. Now the wing/pinion feathers coming in are curly and I'm not sure if it's because it has something wrong with them or because it's a frizzle. I bought the chick as a gold laced Cochin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Yes that's a frizzle, though it's possible it's a frazzle, wait for it to feather more to be sure which.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think frizzle -

4. kissofcrimson

Alright thanks. The other one died 4 days after I got it but this one has been doing good. The other one was worse, had absolutely no down and had sores on its little body. I really hope it isn't a frazzle. I've become attached to the little guy (actually think it's a pullet)

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Frizzle

6. kissofcrimson

I guess only time will tell. So far it's feathers aren't brittle so that's a good sign.

7. tannysue88

tannysue88 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2015
    Navasota, TX
    Hope she stays healthy!! Keep us posted!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by