Cochin Color and Age

bremat

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 7, 2009
KY
Ok, so I know this is a cochin bantam. I think it is a pullet. Is that right? I thought she was going to be black, but on the ends of her wing feathers, they have some brown stripes going on. So what color do you think she will be? Also, how old do you think she is? Thank you!

30566_100_2456.jpg

30566_100_2457.jpg

Quote:
We went to buy chicks from some really nice people located somewhere
between Symsonia and Reidand, KY (western KY.) They raise bantam cochins, giant cochins, standard Polish, silkies (including showgirls.) We ended up with 6 silkies, 2 big polish, 5 banty cochin, 2 giant cochin, 2 of not sure- just like them and this sweet little thing. We did not plan on getting any older ones, but she would not leave us alone. She kept jumping up on the brooder wanting our attention, so my daughter fell in love with her!

She's darling. I'm glad you got her! Sometimes there are birds that just grab our hearts immediately. Will you keep us posted with pics while she grows?

I'm wondering if she could be a cross between a partridge and a black?

Quote:
Yes, I will try to post pics along the way. She is very sweet. It is kinda cool out tonight so I did not want her to get chilled. We brought her in the house to let her stay in for the night, but she was not happy after we made her go in a cage. We put her in the brooder with the little chicks and she was happy as a lark. I hope it is ok I did that, but everyone seems very happy. She has not make a peep since. I will have to look up the partridge color and see what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom